Wednesday 28 December 2022

Festive update

 

The eve of Christmas Eve was round at our Local Portuguese cafe for an arranged meet up with my new Ukrainian refugee family and one of our local councillors.  Time for me to study all the beautiful handicrafts that Paula's husband has made for the cafe. 




While waiting I was watching Portuguese TV with a chef showing how to make traditional Kings Cake given at Christmas in Portugal.  Then I tried some as Paula had complementary slices with Port.. 
Then my guests arrived for Hot chocolate and cakes.  We had entertainment from young Theo who sang "Away in a Manger" in English with a round of appaulse from the cafe customers.. I encouraged him to take a bow ... Juliya his mother filled with pride.  Like my Syrian Princesses the Ukrainian Prince & Princess are Professors of Linguistics becoming polyglots. 
Zoe my local florist put together a lovely bouquet for the family with Ukrainian flag colours in the mix of flowers. 


Christmas day I was at my daughters and Juliya sent a photo of the Christmas chocolate orange cake I had given her .. it was a case of simultaneous eating as we too had chocolate & orange cake for desert. Fun link up and will treasre the gift from Juliya and her brave  family.