Saturday 4 May 2024

Tired Exhausted Lost weight

Mo'men  my Palestinian nurse I mentored has released another photo to share. This photo shows me how much weight he has lost through the limited food availability in Gaza.. He has been prioritising feeding his wife so she can lactate to feed their baby daughter.  This is a point I stress in meetings and peace marches. We need to feed mothers so they can feed their babies. Zainah his baby is so snuggled content in her Papas' loving arms..sweet and shows the loving care of my nurse too. 
Now look at this past photo when he presented his work on Breast Cancer Care in Gaza for MAP you can see a well fed paunch of a belly .. but now his belly, his chest his body has lost a lot of weight. 

He is exhausted as he, like other health professionals has been working round the clock to treat injured and care for all patients. Yet been under personal stress lost his home to strike, shifting to supposed safe zones, caring for his wife and family. Like many they are needing a peaceful safe haven to heal and refuel mind and body .. though you will always see in Palestinians strong in spirit. 

Can you help in anyway? My email is marjoriebahhaj AT gmail.com  

Another photo I am showing you readers of Mo'men BMI before to compare. My treasured photo of Mo'men and his wife on Gaza beach together. I have covered her beautiful face to respect Muslima culture. 


Please try to help me & Matilde Aprile to help him & his family 

🙏🤲 Many Thanks 🙏🤲