Sunday 24 June 2018

Under my Umbrella design for refugees

This was a good idea to engage the children to think about being a refugee and the message of love they wanted to send to refugees... See my design below as I had to sit and have a go too... The education staff for the V&A showed great interest in my Family Link Up project... Family Link Up  I hope we can meet up again and brainstorm more ideas to help keep the spotlight on refugees and the need to rebuild lives, heal the pain and gain peace and happiness and most of all hope again. 


 Some of the participants ideas then mine below in the slides. 
All done with a template
My drawings are very elementary so forgive me on this but the idea was to use the segments of the umbrella to take you on a journey of a little girl caught in war and fleeing..... it starts with her normal life in peace with her apartment home, a normal day going to school and her pet cat...and her love of flowers.
 Then there is the devastation of airstrikes and her world destroyed as she knew it.. She is then in a refugee camp with the UNHCR.  She is with her family and others and one is shown in a wheel chair injured by the war.  The next segment shows her asleep in her tent dreaming of her home and peace an when life was good.  Then there is the flee over sea to Europe and the people overboard from the boat with their orange life jackets  on .... the is then the rescue to safe arms and it ends with peace beauty so goes full circle from Peace beauty through the horror of war and fleeing to back to peace and beauty. I have left this for the staff on the display rack in the hope that it is seen what I was trying to convey. I quite enjoyed the creativity of this and could do another with some photos and better illustrations.