Sunday 25 August 2019

Art in the Park

Today I visited the Art in the Park or more correctly on the railings of Hyde Park. London. An easy trip for me to Paddington and then an easy walk to the park.  
The Bayswater Road Art Exhibition displays art with the artists every Sunday. Like London's version of Montmartre.  My intention to research and see if Boshra could display her work there or me for her as she lives in Belgium. Family Link Up  But when I talked to the artists, the artists have to live in the UK and have a NI number; and be registered with Westminster council. But this is good and there was a fellowship of artists as it were with their plot on the railings. The first artist I spoke with was a very talented artist originally from Greece his name Phaedon.. he is able to turn his talents to any medium and subject matter.  Take a look at his website that I have linked for you to see.  There is one piece today I particularly got drawn too and was in the head of the artist... scroll down for me to show you.. 
It is this abstract study below... I love the colours and could see Irises for some reason that had be blown and obliterated. Phaedon said it was a piece called Windy and yes it was the wind destroying the original form...you can see this on his website under abstracts... I am still very much attracted to this and while uploading the photo (which I took with permission from the artist) I can see faces too.. like spirit forms....  and with feathers so giving an American Indian feel to this...  Also look at the portrait work on his website.. it is breath taking... Very talented and an eye for detail. 
Then I spoke to Haydn Dickenson who was so kindly listening to my Family Link up project and was the one that told me the rules and regulations for displaying art at the park. Haydn is the organiser of The Bayswater Road Exhibition a very knowledgeable man and interesting to listen too... I would love to attend any meetings and lectures...  Some of his work is shown below with his permission. In fact this oblique angle photography of the art on display was welcomed so that copyright could be maintained. Something I was telling Haydn that I had become protective off for Boshra's artwork too. 
.
 Haydn Dickenson
More work from another artist below.. love the little studies on display easels.. 
Below is an artist whose work brought tears to my eyes with the power of the sea and sky he had captured.  I wish I could show you the studies full for you to feel as I did looking at the work.. I was telling David James, the artist that his work evoked memories of when I would spend time in Morocco at Sidi Rahal 20kms south of Casablanca... a place where two seas meet.. The Atlantic and the Mediterranean, I would see the sea boil with turbulence to almost imagine Neptune himself appear with his trident when storms were brewing...  
Below one of the artists gathering ideas for more art for us to enjoy.