Wednesday 23 August 2023

Birthday evening ..at the Orangery

I have no longer GrandChildren but GrandAdults now.  My eldest Gina was 26 years yesterday... she chose a brilliant restaurant on our doorstep at Stockley Park. The Golf club house now has a wonderful restaurant called The Orangery. We were booked in early evening 6pm so was lovely for me to arrive their earlier still to have a walk round Stockly Park lake in the sunshine. I had a soft cold drink in the Club bar and had lovely talk with the barmaid while waiting for my family to arrive. Wow the restaurant is beautifully decorated and has a private function room. This room was being used for a pre wedding shower for a very pretty Pakistani bride to be... So lovely an atmosphere.  It was sentimental for my daughter Debbie and my son-in-law Daren as when they married the reception was at the Club house.  
The food was absolutely spot on tasty curry dishes and the service felt so tailored to our needs. I strongly recommend this place. The ambience so special in both decor and vicinity. 



we went back to Debbie's house for birthday cake. I am so pleased Gina liked the artwork I got her for her room.  It was from the Hillingdon Arts pop up shop in the Pavillions Uxbridge. It had a memory within it for me of the time when Gina and Olivia were little we had gone to Whipsnade Zoo.. Olivia was in to pink things and wanted to see the pink flamingos while Gina ran off to be eye ball to eye ball with one of the free roaming Wallabys hhhhh she came running back to us, all wide eyed and excited  saying oh oh a kangeroo hhhh That day at the zoo was so much fun.