Monday 2 July 2018

Missed photography opportunity!...


Ok Marjorie what has that crochet got to do with a Red Kite bird of prey....lol here is the story from this morning..... I was sat having a cup of coffee in my garden in Hayes.... and sat crocheting a patchwork blanket....for my project Family Link Up  to send to the Syrian family in Turkey...... Yes I know it is a heatwave here in the UK now and across Europe but I am using wool up to help keep the refugees warm in winter you see.  Then the most magnificent thing happened in the clear blue sky (like in the photo above) a local Red Kite came gliding low as if to see what I was doing.... wallah it was just like this photo that I have found on the Northern Kites site...... why not a photo of yours Marjorie.....? because my camera was on my office desk IN the house at the time..... lol so frustrating I did go and get the camera but he flew off towards Uxbridge..... and ....with his mate as there were then two seen... but no photo from me!... sadly.... as was thinking wow that would have been an amazing entry for the BBC Countryfile calendar competition. Countryfile calendar competition details The Red kite has been seen gliding over Hayes, West Drayton near Heathrow and around Uxbridge and Northolt..... ohhh read this from the Northern Kites link...
"The species was once common across Great Britain; indeed, historically the species was probably our most widespread bird of prey.  Three hundred years ago, it was a common sight over much of northern England and in medieval times, it fed in the streets of London (where it was given special protection for its useful role in cleansing the streets)."
A reminder that London is a sprawl of urbanisation over countryside....! We have pockets of untouched fields and lakes and woodlands and parks amidst the city life.... Nature lives around us from foxes to birds of prey..... as we are nature - man made infrastructures cannot rid the fact that we are all biologically connected.... so should be design with the eco-structure in mind...

Moral of the morning for me - always keep your camera handy...!! 

This Red Admiral butterfly photo I took in my garden a couple of years ago it took ages to capture as the butterfly kept teasing me by folding her wings..... and flying off ...then at one time landing on my arm as I had my camera in my hands... hhhh it was quite a teasing game she was playing with me... so funny.