Sunday 24 October 2021

Southbank Centre Swallow's Kiss

 


I absolutely enjoyed myself yesterday so glad I went into London, my intention Walk with Amal the wonderful puppet that had arrived in London from crossing over Europe to raise awareness on refugees plight & flight from war to safety. I knew that Amal was to arrive at the Royal Festival Hall Southbank Centre around 4pm .. so I quietly got ready took the train into Paddington & Bakerloo line to Waterloo... arriving in time to join the reading of Swallow's kiss a book by Sita Brahmacari & Jane Ray dedicated to the community for Refugees & Migrants..and endorsed by Amnesty International. The book celebrates children's rights to safety, equality & play. 
There was an amazing gathering of babies, children, parents and grandchildren. The children had been making colourful cardboard birds in a creative workshop before the reading and singing. The birds waving & flapping on cue from the performers. We all sang together using different native languages..the music impossible to stay still ...we you simply has to sway and dance to the rhythm.. your body response natural and uplifting. Strangers in the crowd uniting in song  and listening to the reading. All building up to the arrival of Amal أمل amal is Arabic for hope.. then Amal arrived gracefully moving around the room acknowledging the children, puppet hands reaching out for children to hold. There was such a beautiful peaceful atmosphere.. I wish Leen & Celine could have been there but I have shown them the photos nip over to my Family Link Up to see our facetime share today.