Saturday 20 November 2021

Crossing Barriers Global Link Up

 

🙏💗🤲So proud of Mo'men BSc MSc Nursing 

نور في العالم  Light in the World 

Out of adversity in life it is amazing how life paths cross to Link up as a Global family... 2014 horrendous news reports in Gaza brought a caring soul in my life studying and training to be a nurse. Me, the retired BSc RN RM with a new fledgling starting his career. Mo'men so proud of you giving this lecture on cancer care ...in a conference Together Beating Cancer Crossing Barriers with Medical Aid for Palestine  MAP

How amazing we met up on a  Social media platform..able to share my experience in Oncology nursing in a Regional Radiotherapy unit, scrubbed for radioactive implants seletron, cathetron & even iridium wires for breast cancer plus chemotherapy then on a professorial gynaecology oncology ward as a senior staff nurse. Plus all my other years nursing & practice as a midwife...

Even more amazing how my Syrian refugees came in my life and was able to link you, Mo'men in to my Family Link Up project.... even able to advise in Eleonas camp Athens with your Arabic to help understanding..yet there in Gaza....A Global Family Link Up ... 

So fascinating to see many men in nursing while the women studying medicine, laboratory studies & teaching ..But my father was a male nurse.. one of the first men to go on the UK register as a qualified SRN State Registered Nurse ... he worked with Charnley who pioneered the hip replacement surgery. I am sure my father will be looking down with pride too...

Feeling blessed with all my journey over last 7 years meeting up with courageous people ...traumatised with war, conflict, abuse that rise up to not only rebuild their lives..but also  to care & help others too... same with my Syrians ...inspirational people ..lights in the world that show Love Wins....