Thursday 7 December 2023

Anglo/Belgian Society meet up

Tuesday evening a Christmas get together with the Anglo Belgian Society at Boyds Bar off Trafalgar Square. I enjoy time chatting to the interns of the Belgium Embassy and discussing their career plans. I become a member out of my Family Link Up project and having a Syrian family in settled in Belgium. Though sadly this year was not able to visit them with all the financial pressures of the cost of living crisis. I hope to get to visit early in the New Year for my 70th birthday and the children's birthday. We will need a collective time celebrating. I must confess though my daily Dutch learning has slipped and I need to reawaken my studies.  It as pleasing that has I heard two of the members on Tuesday chatting in Dutch that ik heb het begrepen I understood :) of course I also need to enhance my French speaking too. One of the fun things I love of going over to mainland Europe of using the European languages though I know English is also understood and used too.