Wednesday 1 May 2024

Happy to Chat at Brunel

Some photos from today's Happy To Chat on Brunel Campus... the campus full of exams with students either just out of a morning exam or about to go to an afternoon exam. I took my graduation photo to show me when younger but also to show achievement. My degree in nursing was after studying O levels and A levels a night school, plus while working full time as a Senior Staff Nurse and a wife & mother. Then trained as a midwife. The spin off for my daughters was no issue doing homework as our dining table was full of books from my studying. Sometime we were studying the same subject at the same time.. I remember having notes stuck on the kitchen wall to learn while I cooked dinner. Of course in my time of study no google but reference hunting in the library! 
It was lovely listening to the students and their career plans. One physiotherapy student had a plan to go into clinical work in the NHS. We discussed how important physio was in ITU as well as rehabilitation.  I was in my element when I spotted a baby of one of our Indian couple who are studying data analytics.. They were impressed at my Hindi speaking too.  The campus is a community within our wider community and open to our locals. I was discussing this on the bus going and coming back with elderly neighbours. More feel they would like to get involved. 

Today we had Happy ro Chat over complementary pizzas... hhhh with hungry students had to get in quick for mine.. Good fun and great sharing.. scroll down to see more photos .. and the yummy every Wednesday stall of breads, pastries, cakes and baklava.. got some treats to have with a cuppa for my supper.. 


The Allergen chart a good idea..
I also took the poverty report from yesterday's parliament meeting. The students took photos and I told them can be pdf downloaded from the APPG Poverty website. Some were inspired that they could attend meetings in parliament. 

 Photos with permission of the parents of the cute baby boy .. 
full of curiosity then fell asleep so sweet.