Wednesday 26 July 2017

Where there is Tea there is Hope

Absolutely brilliant afternoon with a doctor I used to work with at St Thomas's Hospital... Prof Susan Bewley I have worked with and seen her dedicated career develop from Registrar in Obs & Gynae to Consultant and to now Prof... a very well respected doctor by all midwives as she would listen to us and respect our decisions and concerns on cases....But then that was working in the birth centre we were like a professional family and the hospital still feels a professional home for me even though not practiced as a midwife since 2008... I sorely miss shifts at Tommys.  Today was a good catch up day as Susan has been instrumental in raising concerns of domestic violence in pregnancy and has written papers and edited books on the subject.  Through her work we set up the Mozaic multi disciplinary team to help women.  So today was a day of catching up on my expert by experience of being abused and my campaign to improve the pathway of healing and rebuilding women's lives after violence.  It was helpful for me to and lots of information shared...

Love this Tea House Theatre where we met up .. great selection of teas and cakes.... The message over the door is apt for me as the Yorkshire lass and her tea drinking.... "Where there is tea there is hope!".... actually felt my mothers energy around as pouring the tea through the strainer and the loose teas reminded me of my mother and her tea leaf readings! They usually were spookily correct too! 

The tea was lovely a black tea with rose petals.... and the cake very yummy.... Millie enjoyed with us too bless her she is a lovely dog ..
But this cafe I had never known about and the pleasure gardens they are opposite the MI5 in Vauxhall and there is a City Farm too...