Sunday 20 October 2019

Art link up at the Parallex Art Fair Kensington

Yesterday I had a brilliant afternoon at the Kensington Town Hall Parallex Art Fair  
"Parallax ‘Art’ Fair is the most important fair of its kind in London today. It is family-owned and not run by a portfolio-corporate firm. It is also managed by artists and designers."
It was inspirational to see the artwork but also great to engage with the artists to discuss their work, styles, techniques and mediums for the effects they created. Here are a selection of works and artists to share with you readers and followers. My first impact was with Mauricio's work in the opening stand and my opening photo...The blast of colour shape and form caught my eye immediately so much so I bought some work to send to Boshra in my Family Link Up project as I know she will feel the energy and passion for art through his work .. so will show what I bought in my next blog post so patience wait ...wait... wait.. 

Now below is a selection of work by Tamor Kriwaczek his brush stroke dabs are powerful applications of his medium which creates interesting affects.  The collision of blues in the Clouds study below gives an intriguing affect of almost looking like material with stitching ... I loved this one as it really absorbed you into the piece to explore the collision and chaos of clouds, colour. patterns and forms.. We talked sometime and I can see what he does he focuses on fine details and pow...! -brings those details into mega focus on his canvas...
"The clouds dive and dance amongst themselves as the light fades catching only wisps that bend the light."— Tamor Kriwaczek

Barry Laden artist Barry was very energising to talk with - I was listening to his conversation with a couple of women from Egypt on his work and this brought me into his stand. The artwork is energising with a fascinating play with colours. Some of the designs would be brilliant for fabric prints to inject playful colours into a room decor... Barry did me good to be about his energy and his business knowledge too...He clearly connects with people as well as his art canvas.. bringing colour and vibrant spirit out of the people he meets.. We had a joyful time together.
Renata was showing me the sparkle in her artwork. The technique pouring acrylics that Boshra also likes to to.  Whilst the medium is wet she can move the mix of colours around the canvass and using a straw blow the medium to create waves and pathways that your eyes are drawn into to follow. 

I really connected with Perla her work is strong bold angular and love the techniques for sharing her work on T-shirts... She took an interest in my Family Link Up project and Boshra's art. We hope to meet up for coffee soon to talk more. 
Mary has a mix of studies but all with a boldness and confident stroke to create images from street life to still life...She comes from a family of artists so absorbed in art and finding detail around her to paint and share.  I like her style - like her marketing style of promoting her art and presence at the Parallax Art Fair...
 Florida Tram goes on show
I have shared my photos of the day with Boshra to keep her spirits high with what can be achieved through Art. I have learnt about marketing techniques from the day to help me to help her build her life through art...... so a very good afternoon spent at the Exhibition. Love meeting creative people. 
•⊰Art Materials Fund•⊰
¸╭•⊰
Be part of the story 
to rebuild lives with me