Saturday 24 February 2024

Sleep apnoeas




My wiring up for Sleep apnoea studies looks rather dramatic and dangerous no not in risk of trigger point blown up! Was thinking if a burglar had entered in the night it would have well and truly scared him off seeing this with also my lit up finger looking like ET for my O2 sats. lol 
I had needed CPAP in 2011 & 2012 pre my bilateral mamaplexy but one  year post op & intensive healing of severe wound breakdown gangrene and sepsis ... repeated studies showed no longer a need for CPAP. But over the last year feeling exhausted and manifesting symptoms of return of Sleep Apnoea and need for CPAP.  So referred back to Harefield team for help and assessment.

I am going to share this journey to raise awareness of Sleep Apnoea. Please also follow the links I have put in the post to gather information from the Harefield team on the condition.

Last night I set up the system by 22:45 ready for the programmed system to monitor my sleep from 23:00hrs.... all was going well til 03:55 woke agitated from restlessness to find the cassette had fallen out of the pouch and the O2 sats probe no long lit up. When I investigated the probe still on my finger but the connection to the cassette lost. So abandoned the procedure. I am so upset that this happened as I know I can feel I need CPAP and NHS appointments so precious these days. I am planning to go to the Hospital Monday morning to the Physiology department to discuss if any of the data gathered as been saved or I need to redo this investigation.