Friday 13 September 2024

Covent Garden & Meet Up

What a lovely afternoon yesterday in Covent Garden and a meet up with my peace activist Turkish friend, Ceren.  We met on the peace marches and have become strong friends since. My international projects and my activism links up with her activism and experience. So we are Sisters together in our aim for Peace and harmony in this world and stopping the madness we are seeing in the world.  
We had a good catch up time in the Royal Opera House coffee area.  Then Ceren was off to ballet.  I had thought she was booked for a ballet production but no she was off to ballet lessons. Not in the Opera House but at the Pineapple Studios apparently they do classes for over 40s and those that cannot get their leg up high anymore lol .. when I look at the website wowee there is so much going on there.. Maybe just maybe when I get my energy back from the CPAP treatment of my Sleep apnoes this 70 year old could do some dance too ... Silver Swan lol 

My journey to Covent Garden went well on the Elizabeth line from Hayes to Bond street then I took the 139 bus taking me to a stop close to Covent Garden on the Strand. The walk through Covent Garden was a pleasure looking at the wonderful gift ideas and talking with stall holders and traders. So here are some images to enjoy and in the hope to give some trade to them all.. Certainly if you are visiting London Covent Garden is a must experience from artwork, to scented candles to jewellery to wacky ties with also cafes, restaurants, street entertainers and of course the 
Royal Opera House  




I enjoyed Heidi and her artwork. We had a good talk together but my love of foxes led to unable to resist buying the F Fox artwork. Love it! when I think lovely idea for children to decorate their bedroom with Alphabet artwork.