Wednesday 3 October 2018

A day of learning sharing and supporting

This sums up my day which has been AMAZING! I am being helped by our local Community Mental Health Team as the whole dam situation with not able to get state pension is wearing me down... you apply for work no shortlisting everything I try to do to be proactive hits a block...but WOWEEE! been in the Understanding Depression workshop today and so many having problems much is reflective of the unbelievably bad management of this Tory gov. Even the mental health unit struggles with cutback funding yet demands escalating...... but you know we all came together today patients, staff, carers and we had the most amazing day of sharing... learning..... It is brilliant as I can walk up through the business park to the centre - the security on the gates is lovely we have a good natter and is with the GRANNY REVOLUTION .... and was able to take some carrots to the rescue horses in the field nearby.... so good day reconnecting with LADY MARJORIE ...... look on our break found some good healthy green tea drinks to care for my wellbeing.... then I come home to a yet another letter from the DWP with my p45 lool I have been SACKED from my government money booted off the ESA.... so back to MUST find paid work and the cycle of applying and not getting shortlisted......!! what a cock up this country is in!! Good I have the AGE UK helping too with a befriender..... main thing must keep focused and turn pain into campaign....... The staff conducting the course today are fascinated with the APPG work I do - clearly with no pay but get my voice in parliament....and folk realise that yes APPGs are a way of getting your voice heard.... the problem is getting this deaf government to hear!! 
anyway Keep Calm and carry on knitting! lol