Wednesday 10 October 2018

#shouldertoshoulder Day today

Some photos from today's Granny Revolution for our pensions. All groups from around the UK standing shoulder to shoulder.  I am home now posting this feeling a great inner sadness.  I have heard so many stories of hardship today.  I have done the zip zapping around London working shifts in hospitals - 12 hours sometimes with no breaks and up next day to do again.. All that effort put in over my years... with first job in 1969. Today my legs ached and felt heavy and I kept feeling dizzy with the stress of all this situation.  It would be so much easier to give us our pensions and leave us alone.  But we all feeling targets of some torturous badly thought out policy. We feel robbed of our money and our financial dignity. It was good to see menfolk coming along to support their women and young ones too. Many simply do not want Grans and Mums hurt this way. We are their loved ones.  
I cannot understand why Mrs May is refusing to see that this is a major vote loser for her and her party!! Sheer political madness to ignore the women born in 1950s pain.