Thursday 29 August 2019

Gran knee physio group today

Today was my weekly Gran arthritic knee group physio ... it was run by a lovely physio a lady today not Joshua.... We all had a connected time sharing our experiences... We all have good days in among the bad pain days..with a need to pace ourselves... so we do not do too much on the good days for it to catch up and make the bad days.  I was telling the group on Sunday I walked through Hyde park and Kensington Palace gardens there was a point the pain was too much that I felt I just wanted to stand not move and was nearly in tears wondering how I was to walk back to Paddington to get home...Will power won for me to succeed in getting home, plus focusing with mindfulness on the lovely time I had had with the artists, the parakeets and tea at the Palace! We are all working on Will Power trying our best to overcome the challenge of arthritic knees....It helps sharing and the physio exercises help and make sense... 
I picked up a leaflet from the physio clinic from Arthritis Research UK  this I think all families should have to understand the problems and issues and how to keep well... Most of all to maintain mobility to preserve independence.. A big worry I have as I feel my body ageing.....