Saturday 3 August 2019

Tuinieren in augustus - Libelle translations

Tuinieren in augustus: dit kun je nu doen

A very informative article for us keen gardeners in this months Libelle - the Belgium magazine I like both online and to buy the hardcopy when I am travelling to see Boshra in Belgium. Boshra is the mother of Leen and Celine from my Family Link Up project. The family are developing as polyglots with all the language exposure from their experience as refugees.  Enjoyed this afternoon google translating the Dutch and picking up on vocabulary.. also run some through in Arabic too...but in honesty Boshra is picking up the Dutch heel goed with the course she is on.... we are beginning to converse in some Dutch on Skype now as I reawaken my Dutch learning from the past. My first husband, Ian worked in Rotterdam so I learnt a little then.  I have yet to master the Flemish and differentiate but that will come as I too get exposed to more sounds of the language spoken. I am also enjoying being member of the Anglo/Belgian Society here in London so this will help too... and my French speaking needs refreshing...Busy lady! I love languages and should be fluent in French; German; Dutch; Arabic; Hindi and I do have some foundation in Sanskit when I spent time in Indian Ashrams. I love cracking the codes of languages and seeing words and meaning appear..... Hope you enjoy this post and the article link too. 

Funny how some words make you smile and seem to attract you to remember them.. schimmels is one for today for me.