Friday 2 August 2019

Red Admiral Indulges in my Photography

I love my budlea for attracting butterflies I have had Peacocks; Painted Lady's; Small copper and today had this Red Admiral... which stayed close while I photographed him.... at one point he nearly got on my hand... so amazing. I am saying male but the way to tell is if the abdomen is slender its a male and if the abdomen thicker female...This one seems slim so maybe I am correct to call him a him...!! You can learn more from the Wild Life Trust  website.. and it is fun to spot the types..  

Red admiral

Description: Black with broad, red stripes on the hindwings and forewings, and white spots near the tips of the forewings.




Just been working on some translation of the description in Dutch and Arabic for my Family Link Up project... it helps me build on word recognition and vocabulary learning.